Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vatican Museum

On Monday, we ventured out into the rain once again to see the Vatican museum. This was one of the things I was most excited to see! Unfortunately, I had a run-in with my roommate's bed the night before and smashed/sprained/maybe broke my pinkie toe :( I do have pictures, but I'll spare you. Long story short, I'm thankful my parents gave me a first aid with some medical tape and gauze and I just taped my last two toes together and off my group went.

The museum was fairly crowded, especially in the Sistine Chapel. However, no one was in the Raphael room. Craziness. My favorite sculpture involved miracles that Jesus performed including feeding the 5000, bringing back Lazarus from the dead, and one of my favorite stories from Matthew 9:21-22. (She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.” Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said,“your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment.)

I didn't take many pictures at the museum itself. I just walked around and took everything in. Some of my highlights included of course the Sistine chapel, the Raphael room, the mummies, and some neat pieces in the Contemporary Art museum. 

Waiting in line... 


One of the only pictures I took. 
 Of course eating out all the time gets old so one of my roommates Jen made some pasta for us one night for dinner. It was yummy!


So yummy :)

 Yummy alfredo sauce:
1-8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
4 tablespoons of butter
1-cup of milk
1-cup of Parmesan cheese

Melt cream cheese and butter together.  Add milk and Parmesan cheese, keep stirring.



No comments:

Post a Comment